Saturday, June 12, 2010

Honoring The Goddess Within...And Without


(The Goddess-Image by inspiremedaisy~Photography by Jessica L. Moore)
(Please do not use my photography images without my permission, thank you!)


This one's for the ladies tonight(but actually, the ideas bouncing around in my head can be for you guys too!) :)

As I was saying...Ladies, just a little reminder to honor your own inner Goddess and to see your spectacular beauty inside and out!

I've been thinking a lot tonight about body image and how warped our own visions of our bodies can sometimes appear to us. It's such a shame that our own critical eyes often refuse to see our own beauty and worth. Be it wrinkles and aging~to weight gain and cellulite~stretch marks from growth/weight gain or loss, or pregnancy~to scars from falls or accidents and incidents~or a whole host of other so-called "imperfections"...they are all part of who we are and they are part of our own unique story.

Let us stand up today and start to embrace them and embrace ourselves and our own self-worth. Over and over the message I've been hearing all day has been one of acceptance and making peace with ourselves, our bodies and loving all of our "imperfections". All those so-called imperfections may well be perfectly perfect for us.

I know I can't be the only one struggling with this...so ladies tell me what YOU do to feel more comfortable in your body and in your skin!? Meditation, affirmations....? This is the tough, but ever so rewarding inner work....we well all get there...I promise!

P.S~There is a wonderful and empowering parody of the Beyonce "Single Ladies" song by Anita Renfroe, called "Wrinkled Ladies" that I was delighted to see today! You can find it on her website here. http://www.anitarenfroe.com/media/videos/ It is FABulous and so are YOU! ♥

Learning to love myself....inside and out...

Remember~Be Love, Be Light, Be YOU! ★ You're a star! Shine!!!



4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous- the art and the heart that makes the art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you, Dr.D! I appreciate your beautiful words and kindness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Affirmations are a great tool! I love to remind myself that every one is unique in their own ways. Not one person is like another, we all have something beautiful about us, and we all have something to give. YOU are full of love and light, jessica, and I thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly! That was beautifully awesome! Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I must getback on my affirmation kick...thank you for reminding me how useful they are! I know i always feel better when saying/thinking them...time to get back on that horse! ;)

    Ps...Thank you sooo kindly! Your warmth of heart makes my heart smile! I feel the same way about you, Kelly....and your talent and compassion blow me away!

    Peace,love, light and a great big hug! X :)

    ReplyDelete